Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Wordy Wednesday with Lita

Milita in her carrier at the vet. She refuses to look at me.

Hi everyone, it's Lita today.

I refused to look at the Mom in this photo because she took me to the vet, and I was not a happy kitty!

I went to see the vet on Monday.  I weighed in at 10 pounds and 12 ounces.  When all of this started a couple of months ago, I was 14 pounds.  I have been steadily losing weight.  

The vet tech took my temperature in my ear.  That wasn't so bad.  It sure beats the way all my other vets have done it - the traditional way.  Then, the vet came in.  She examined me and talked to the Mom about how I've been doing.  I growled some, but that was about it.  I had to protest some, you know, or they might get the wrong idea and think I actually like the vet.

I have been having some trouble with my poos lately.  The Mom says I have been "constipated."  So the vet said she was going to do a "rectal exam" on me.  If I had known what that meant, I probably would have given her a nice chomp!  As it was, I was quite good and didn't fuss much at all.  The Mom thinks that maybe I remember this vet clinic and remember that this place is safe - I used to go to this vet as a young kitty, and it was long before my vet trauma happened.  She likes that I seem to feel safe at this vet, and she likes that they remembered me after 10 years!

My rectal exam was fine.  They found no issues.  They told the Mom to put something called Miralax in my wet noms everyday to help me poo more easily.  

The Mom and the vet talked about how I have not been eating enough lately.  She gave the Mom a couple of samples of kibbles for me to try.  She also gave the Mom a prescription for cyproheptadine to make me hungry.  The Mom gave me some last night, and I ate a ton of noms!  You should have seen that orange one Carmine - he was panicking because I was eating his leftovers, and he seemed to think he was going to starve to death!  He is not used to me eating; lately, he has been stealing my food.

While at the vet, I also got some antibiotics.  Since they are not certain of what I have, we are attempting to treat me for possible chronic pneumonia.  The Mom says if there is any chance that what I have is treatable, we will try the treatments and see if they help or not.  If my coughing improves, I will go back to the vet in two weeks and get some more antibiotics.  

The Mom and I will keep you updated on my progress.  

We know we owe a lot of you personal thank yous for donating to my end-of-life fund.  Please be patient with us.  The Mom likes to write personal notes for everyone.  She is trying to balance everything.  We promise you will all get a personal note if you have donated or if you do donate to my fund.

We love and appreciate you all!

19 comments:

  1. That is good news that the cyproheptadine is helping you to eat, Lita. I am glad also that the rectal examination didn't show anything untoward. It is good that the vet remembers you and you are comfortable with her. That makes such a difference. I am continuing to send good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad that medicine is helping your eating, Lita. That cypro works great. We take it sometimes too. We hope the antibiotics help too. They might give you runny poos, so you might not need that miralax. But wait and see before stopping the miralax. Sending you lots of purrs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Lita and I'm glad you ate, that cyproheptadine is darn good for that! Love and hugs from all of us sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're always purring for you, Lita. Hope the antibiotics do the trick too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the appetite stimulant is working. There is another kind too if this one stops working as well. Purrs that the antibiotics will keep the coughing a bay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad the medicine is helping you eat. I am praying this will be the right antibiotic to cure you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lita, we are all worried 'bout you! Glad you've eaten up, and Carmine will learn to clean his plate, won't he!?! HEhehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Milita! you did pawsum at thee Vet'ss! not sure mee wood have bee-haved as well as you, mew mew mew...
    An mee betss Carmine iss reelly wunderin what iss goin on.....
    An mee an LadyMum are hopin yur here with us fur a long time. Yur Mumma iss takin such good care of you! An all of us are **purrin** an purrayin fur you to get better.
    <3 LUV <3 an ***paw kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry an {{{hugs}}} LadyMum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to read Lita's vet visit helped and she is eating again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cyproheptadine worked well for Sparkle too, my human says. I'm glad you are eating, Milita - I'm continuing to send lots of purrs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. st francis' blessings two ewe Lita; all wayz...we hope ya keep eatin N tell carmine we said HI =^..^= ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sweet Lita- glad the vet visit wasn't so bad. I hope the medicines help you ! Purrayers and POTP.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you can get to feeling some better, Lita.
    Purrs, and lots of POTP!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Try to stay away from the vet, Lita.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have been purring and praying for you constantly, Lita. We will continue to do so, and we are hoping with all of our might that the new antibiotics will help and you will start to feel better and better. Many purrs and prayers to you and your mom, Lita!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Warm healing hugs sweet Lita

    ReplyDelete