Wednesday, August 7, 2019

A Few Words on Wednesday from Carmine

Carmine hanging out in his heated cat bed.Hi everyone, it's mes, Carmine!

A few months ago, when mes gotted my annual bloods work done, my sugar tested high, so the vet and the Mom decided to lower my Pred dose. My sugar is still high, but mes is no longer in the "diabetic" zone. 

Unfortunately, the lower Pred dose has caused my little joints to hurt more from the arthritis. Mes is on adequan once a week, but mes is still having a lot of pains. Mes is having trouble giving myself a nice bath. 

My fur actually got all matted and tangled, and the Mom had to comb thems out of my furs. That did NOT make mes happy! Now, hers gives me "brushies" with the comb just about everyday so mes doesn't get anymores tangles or mats in my furs. Mes tries to bite the comb when hers does this. Mes has never liked being brushed. 




The Mom and the vet decided to try mes on gabapentin for my pain since it helped Litas. Hers has mes on half the dose right nows cause hers knows that it makes kitties really sleepies when theys first start on it. 

The Mom thinks maybe it is starting to help, or at least hers hopes so. Mes gotted on the counter earlier just to sit! Mes hasn't done that in ages, so hers thinks maybe that be a good sign. 

Mes feels lucky to has a human who understands pain and tries to make sure mes and Tylans is comfortable and not hurting. Mes says these old arthritic bones is for the birds! MOL. 

Mes hopes all of yous is doing good! 

19 comments:

  1. Oh Carmine! We purchased a fancy comb with rotating teeth, that's supposed to get down into the underfurs but not pull...and it works so-so. Here's hoping you enjoy your spa days more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adequan helped my sisfur Isis a lot, hope it helps woo too kit-cat,

    Nuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. My cats bite their brush too (thankfully my Persian is ok with it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the gabapentin looks like it is working, Carmine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure hope you feel much better super soon Carmine, you deserve it my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deerest Carmine mee hopes THE Gapa an adequan werk together to keep you pain-free or as guud as pawssibell.
    Mee lovess to bee brushed butt mee knowss 'angel' Aunty Nylablue did NOT like beein brushed. LadyMeow wuud have to cut THE mattss out when Aunty was sleepin! ;)
    ***purrsss*** an ~~head rubsss~~BellaDharma~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carmine, we are sending purrayers and POTP for you to feel better. We are also glad your Mama and your vet keep trying to find something that will work for you !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad the Gabapentin is helping you feel better. It is no fun having painful joints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carmine, getting brushed is the best! It's been so hot and I'm shedding so much Mommy tries to brush me twice a day. I *love* it...it feels SO good!!! --Mudpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you are feeling better. CBD oil may help, my hubby uses the cream and it helps his arthritis pain. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. We’re glad the new medicine is helping you feel better, Carmine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you Carmine! I'm glad your human is taking such good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We hope you feel better soon, Carmine. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Carmine, so sorry you are in pain. Hope that you will be pain free soon. Sending purrs Patch and Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carmine, we're sorry you've been hurting, pal. We sure hope those meds help you get back to feeling more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carmine we are sending purrs to you my friend. Buddy still gets around and can groom but he does it really slow. Rumpy just got a lion cut as he had a lot of mats and needed a good sanitary trim. He got his xray so was sedated for his cut and luckily his asthma is stable. Purrs dear friends

    ReplyDelete
  17. My kind of story I would love to read.CATS <3
    NegosyongPinoy.info

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't much care for the comb or brush either, I try to bite t,but the funny thing is that I am purring loudly all the while. Go figure.

    I too have the old man Arthur Itis pesterig me a lot lately. Next time I go to the vet *she*willask for what can be donabout it.Right now she [ut up stairs so I can access the places I want to be on. And I do get some supplements that are for joints, though they seem to not be workig ss well as in the past,

    I hope you will do well on that Gabapentin...not sure I can take it, considering my other health issues...
    Hang in there Carmine, we are purring and pawyering for you.

    ReplyDelete