Monday, January 21, 2019

Mancat Monday

Tylan enjoying his heated bed.

Hi everyone, it's Tylan today 

The Mom lady says you all have been waiting for an update about me, so I thought Mancat Monday was a good time to give one. 

Last Wednesday, I went to see the vet guy. I LOVE the vet and the vet techs!! But I HATE getting there. I sing the song of my people loudly the whole way there and back. But once I m at the vet, I come right out o my carrier and flop on the table or the floor and demand they pet my tummy! 

I weighed in at 9.06 pounds this time. The Mom lady and the vet guy think that is a perfect weight for me. But I love food so much, the Mom lady is going to have a hard time keeping me from gaining more weight, MOL!

I will turn it over to the Mom lady so she can tell you all the technical stuffs. Then I'll be back!



The Mom here. 

When I saw Tylan beginning to cough the exact same way Lita used to, I was 99% sure he had asthma, too. The vet confirmed it. He has asthma. It is my guess that he will eventually have to go on Flovent, but we held of for now.

The vet looked in Tylan's throat and said it looked like hamburger! :( He is having a LOT of trouble with his stomatitis flaring up. I thought Tylan was settling down. Turns out, he had a lot of mouth pain. I feel so bad because I didn't know. I guess I know what pain looks like for him now, though. 

The vet and I agreed that an injection of Depo Medrol was a good idea. It's a steroid. Sadly, I think Tylan will be on steroid pills or injections for life. 

The vet said that we can cure Tylan's stomatitis with stem cell therapy. However, it costs $2000!!! I told him if I ever win the lottery....... I just don't ave that kind of green papers laying around. I wish I did. 

Tylan had a lot of wax in his ears. The vet said it might have a bacterial component and was talking about treating with Convenia. In my head, I was screaming, "Hell no, Hell no, Hell no!!" but aloud I just asked if we could use something else. So we settled on Doxycycline for two weeks. Poor Tylan.

It's me, Tylan, again! 

Since the injection, I have hardly coughed at all, and the Mom lady can tell my throat fees better 'cause I run around yelling at her to feed me every two hours! I eat all my food and then steal most of Carmine's! I had stopped doing that. The Mom lady thought I was calming down. Silly lady, MOL! 

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are dong better with the shot, dear Tylan. I do hope your mommy finds something that will help your stomatitis that is more affordable. Purrz from the Katie Katz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops... Chiquita was helping Mommy type :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tylan, glad to hear that you are feeling better! Tell you momma to try https://waggle.org/; maybe they can assist with that stem cell thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tylan, we're glad you're getting better. You have the best mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meow meow Tylan wee iss sorry you are battlin with Stomatitis an Asmaa...FISHCAKESS!! Sendin you **purrsss** an purrayerss of healin…..
    **purrsss** BellaDharma
    P Ess: Yore furry handsum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will be praying that your asthma is the mildest case ever on record pal. Purrs from all of us. Okay then, let's eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the vet found some treatment for you that doesn't involve Convenia, Tylan! And that it is helping you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about that asthma, Tylan. And that stomatitis is a tough thing to deal with. We agree with the Eastside Cats ... check out Waggle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. poor Tylan! I also hope that your asthma is mild, poor kitty

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet boy! I'm glad you are feeling better and I'm sending purrs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad the shot helped with the coughing and hope the Doxycycline helps with Tylan's ears.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry Tylan has so many health problems, poor guy. I am glad the injection helped. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're glad you're feeling better, Tylan. Purrs

    ReplyDelete