Thursday, September 20, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Hi everyone, it's the Mom here, and we are participating in Brian's Thankful Thursday blog hop today.

Today, I am thankful that Carmine seems to be doing okay after we lost our friend of 14 years, precious Lita.

Carmine typically grieves very hard. When Emma went to the Bridge, he went around the apartment, crying and looking for her. When Jewel went to the Rainbow Bridge, he was really sad for about six months.

But since Lita went to the Bridge, Carmine has continued to be social, eat decently, and seems to be in a pretty good moo overall.

Personally, I think Carmine knows Lita is in a better place now. He knew her much longer than either Emma or Jewel, so he saw her when she was young and health as well as when she got old and began to struggle with her health.



I think he has peace that she is in a better place now. One of our old vets would say that I am psychologizing him too much, but I truly believe our fur babies know much more than most people give them credit for.

Carmine has been ery sweet and has been sleeping on my pillow a good portion of each night every night.

So, een though I miss Lita so very much, I am so thankful that Carmine is okay. I was so worried he'd fall apart when she went. He is one strong mancat.


14 comments:

  1. We pets do feel the loss of a fur sibling, but we all grieve in different ways as do humans. Glad he is doing alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree, Carmine knew it was time, Lita told him so he is a peace with her Angel status. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad Carmine is doing okay. Us cats are aware of things like this, and we grieve when our fur friends leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At times of stress and sadness with humans, a cat or dog will step in and take the rudder and help steer humans to safer waters. Carmine knows, and let no vet tell you otherwise
    Purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats are very wise; they don't expend energy if they don't have to. So I agree with you, that Carmine made his peace with Angel Lita's physical body health awhile ago. Wish we humans could do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, our pets definitely feel and understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so glad to hear that Carmine is doing okay. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree; our pets aren't given enough credit for what they understand or "feel". I hope carmine's "personality" continues in this same vain; it will help you both ~~~~~~♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats definitely know what is going on...Carmine and she probably communicated often during her sickness (you can probably infer how they would do that. I don't think all animals necessarily communicate in the same way.)
    Purrayers & POTP to you and Carmine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad Carmine is doing well. I agree that our pets know and understand a lot more than they are given credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad Carmine is doing okay. We cats DO know, you know. My human says that the day before Sparkle died, Binga and Boodie spent time with her - which was really unlike them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad that Carmine is doing better this time with missing Lita... I think he knows this time that she is in a better place. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a relief that Carmine is doing well. I agree with you Sierra! Cats are far more clever than people give them credit for. I'm also relieved you are ok...I know it will take time for this sadness to heal but you are on the right track! Much love Sherri-Ellen & **purrsss** from BellaDharma

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so glad that Carmine seems to be doing well. Cats definitely mourn the loss of their friends. But surely your sweet boy knows that Lita is at peace and that he will see her again one day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete