Monday, September 17, 2018

Milita's Memories

Thank you to everyone who left comments for us on Facebook and on Lita's Rainbow Bridge post. We have not been able to respond to hardly anyone yet, but we will.

I plan to share memories of Lita with you here on the blog like I did with Jewel. I hope you enjoy reading about precious Angel Lita.

Me holding Lita when she was approximately one year old.

In the summer of 2004, I was preparing to move to Colorado to go to graduate school. I only knew one person out here - we had both gone to the same college and were friends.

I knew I would get lonely and wanted to bring a cat with me. The kitty I wanted to bring with me didn't work out, so my dad suggested that I bring Lita with me. Lita was an outdoor cat at the time (my dad has never allowed cats in the house). I had spent some time with Lita whenever I went outside. All the kitties (we had about 10 of them!) would gather around me when I sat down to pet them.



I feel awful saying this, but I honestly thought Lita was annoying! She always shoved her brothers and sisters aside so she could be the one who got all the pets. But my dad said she was the friendliest one, so I took his advice, and she made the long road trip to Colorado with me.

My attitude about Lits sure didn't last long!! Within a matter of days, she was my best friend and had stolen my heart. Now there's a huge Lita hole in my heart.

Lita would curl up behind me on the top of the couch and listen to all the horribly boring social work textbooks with me. She would tell me when it was time to go to bed. She would curl up and sleep with me when we went to bed. She would sit near me when I watched my soap opera and ate dinner every night.

One day, she was istening to my social work textbook with me, and I was eating a few Sun Chips. I was holding one up, getting ready to take a bite of it....when Lita leaned forward and took a chomp out of it! Who knew a cat would like Sun Chips?

Please tune in next week for another memory of Angel Lita.

18 comments:

  1. What sweet memories! My human says she likes Sun Chips... so why doesn't she bring a bag home for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOL - I bet I'd eat one - I'm always after human food. And we like reading memories like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very sweet memory. I hope we hear many more as we remember Lita. Purrs and hugs - Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beautiful memories will eventually make your heart smile, it just seems to take so darn long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We’re glad you have these good memories of Lita to help you though this sad time. Purrs.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have a deep reservoir of wonderful memories you share with Lita. I'm so grateful you're sharing them with us.

    Also, our housemate Toby loves Sun Chips, too! He stole some from my sisters's (his mom's) plate just yesterday.

    Purrs, prayers, and hugs to you and Carmine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Da Boyz will try to eat ANYTHING we humans have on our plates, but we are now wise to their tactics and keep our food safe from feline fangs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing such wonderful memories of Lita. If we saw the Sun Chips part in person, we would have laughed so hard at that. Such a sweetheart. Hope you are doing better each day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great beginning to such a love story....Sierra you Milta were so much like Nylablue & I. It touches me deeply to read your memories.
    A card is in the mail to you, Carmine & Bad Man D.....
    Much love Sherri-Ellen & BellaDharma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your memories. She was a special baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you have so many good memories of your sweet girl. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such special memories of your special and beloved Lita. Hugs to you, Sierra.

    ReplyDelete