Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thankful Thursday


Milita


Hi everyone, we are joining Brian's Thankful Thursday blog hop today.

It has already been in the 80s several days this month, and both Lita and I are very heat sensitive/intolerant.  The heat makes me feel quite nauseous and dizzy, and I get overheated very easily.  Lita looks like she's just miserable when it's hot, and I feel terrible for her and try my best to keep her cool.

Last year, management warned everyone in the building that we must have a brace of some sort in order to use our window air conditioning units.  Most of us didn't have one, including me.  So, this year I had to get one before I put in the air conditioner.  The first one I got was missing instructions and parts, so I had to take it back and get a different one.  



The only one they had on the shelf was opened and also missing parts.  After some searching, the store employee found a new one for me way up high (it was in the Lowe's).  

Thankfully this one had all the correct parts and instructions!  D put it together for us and put it in the window.  I'm glad he did that for me because I can't even move the window unit on my own, let alone try to lift it up and fit it into the window - it's just too heavy for me.  

So today, we are VERY thankful for our window air conditioning unit!  It does a good job of keeping the living room cool, which is where I spend most of my time and Lita spends all of her time.  Lita looks much more comfortable and content.  

By the way, did you know I have been writing for CANIDAE's blog?  You can check out my latest article on Siamese cats here


Brian's #ThankfulThursday blog hop badge.

17 comments:

  1. Air conditioning something to truly be thankful for with the hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too are thankful for our a/c. Summer is our least favorite time of the year. The heat and humidity is no fun for our mom or any of us. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, having your AC in and working is a terrific thing. Hugs to Lita and Carmine from all of us and thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for air conditioning! We're so glad you're gonna be cool this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems as if we went from 40's to 80's very quickly! The Hubby will not put the window a/c's in for another month, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad your air conditioning is working well. My meds make me very heat sensitive too. Even in winter I am always over hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did it. Persistence paid off but what a nightmare for you. I am just glad you are fixed for the summer * hugs *

    The Dash Kitten Crew

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got a portable AC. It's supposed to easily set up in 15 minutes...guess I'm not as smart as I thought LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are both more comfortable now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We would melt without air conditioning when it gets warm here! I'm glad you got yours set up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee for having air conditioning! Our Dad is sensitive to hot temps, too. Stay cool! Awesome article!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your AC is up and helping ! I clicked on Mom's articles - good stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  13. so glad you have air and yay on the writing gig, sometime last year or so I sent you a writing job, never heard back from you.......glad you are taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have no idea how we used to survive without AC! It truly is a blessing and so appreciated today when it got up to almost 90.

    But Pipo hates that the heating vents now blow cold breezes over him, MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray! That's definitely something to be thankful for. We are glad you will be cool this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sierra you wrote a great article! and I am so glad you have the A/C issue sorted & are comfortable now. Today it is 33 Celsius feeling like 41 which in Fahrenhite is 91.4 feeling like 105.8 F!!! I could not even stay outside for more than 15 minutes. I too am heat sensitive & today I have felt nauseated all day. I just put Siddhartha Henry back out in Condo & the humidity has gone down a lot....thankfully!
    Kiss Milita for us & Carmine too!)
    (((hugs))) Sherri-Ellen & **purrsss** Siddhartha Henry =^,.^=

    ReplyDelete