I saw Jewel wandering by the couch and decided to pick her up and give her a hug. I didn't figure she'd stay with me very long, but I wanted to enjoy a moment with her anyway.
As you can see, she decided to make herself comfortable on my arm. She ended up staying there for about a half an hour! I felt quite special; she always used to lay on her former owner's arm at night when he slept. It's just what I needed after the dreaded dentist.
We received the Sunshine Blogger Award from our dear friend Ellen over at 15andMeowing. We love Ellen and thank her for offering us the award!
The award rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
4. Ask the nominees 11 questions.
Here are the 11 questions I was asked:
1. For what are you most grateful?
I have a lot to be thankful for. I am most thankful for my two precious fur babies, Carmine and Milita.
2. What is one thing about your life you wish you could change?
I wish I could change my sleep schedule at least a little. I'd love for my body to need less sleep than it does, and I'd like to be awake at a different time of day than I currently am.
3. What talent do you wish you had?
I'd really love to be able to sing well.
4. Do you prefer to read an actual book or the e-version?
I love real paperback or hardback books! I would much rather curl up in bed with a real book than a tablet. There's just something about the feel and smell of a real book that an e-book will never be able to compete with.
5. What is your favorite book?
That's a really hard one!! I don't think I can pick just one. Here are a few of my favorites: the Harry Potter series, Handle with Care (by Jodi Picoult), and A Street Cat Named Bob (by James Bowen).
6. If you could go back in time, what year would you choose?
I'd choose 2000 - I'd love to relive my college years. I really loved school and miss it.
7. Cats should be indoor only- true or false?
I believe cats who can be indoor-only should be. I don't object to kitties going out in the yard on a leash or having an outdoor enclosure, but I believe kitties are much safer living indoors.
8. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, I do. Whether you call them ghosts or spirits, I definitely believe they exist and are around us.
9. What is a bad habit you have? ( Come on, we all have them)
Biting my nails. I wish I could break this habit!
10. What would you like to learn more about?
I'd like to learn more about animal communication. I want to learn how to tap into my intuition more as well.
11. Do you have any connections to Nic Cage? I really want to meet him.
No, sorry Ellen! :)
The rules say I am supposed to nominate 11 bloggers, but I know many of our friends don't have time to do these. If you'd like the award, please take it.
Here are 11 questions in case you would like to take the award for yourself.
1. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose and why?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What is one goal you have for 2016?
4. Do you prefer desktop or laptop computers?
5. What is one quality your cat possesses that you wish you had (or had more of)?
6. What's one life goal you've already achieved?
7. When you write, do you need a quiet background or do you need some background noise?
8. What is your most productive time of day?
9. What is the best piece of advice you've received?
10. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
11. What is something that made you happy today?