Mes needs to ask for a few purrs for my sisfur, Lita, who is not feeling well. Hers is coughing and a bit crackly again when hers purrs. The Mom is quite worried about hers, especially because hers curled up and laid by mes a couple of times! It is always mes who seeks hers out.
The Mom says Lita will be going to the Stabby Place tomorrow. At least it is not mes, MOL! The Mom hopes they can finally get a handle on this respiratory stuffs.
The Mom here. I guess Carmine doesn't realize he is going to the vet tomorrow, too, for a weight check. Please don't tell him. It has been three months since his last weight check and B12 injection. This is the longest time he's gone between visits since he was diagnosed with IBD, so I'm really hoping he has remained stable and that we're on the right track with his treatment.
In other news, today is Best Friends Day. There are so many reasons my kitties are my best friends. Here are just a few of them:
- Carmine and Milita love me unconditionally. No matter what kind of day I'm having or what kind of mood I'm in, I can always count on the fact that my kitties will love me.
- They provide comic relief. Carmine, especially enjoys acting like a total nut sometimes, and it is really hilarious. Kitties can always make me smile.
- They comfort me. Carmine comes over to me when he senses that I am having a particularly bad pain day or when I'm sad. He'll jump into my lap or curl up beside me and purr, and that always makes me feel better. Milita doesn't usually seek me out when I'm not doing well, but if I find her, she'll give me a hug.
- They are always there. I am blessed to have some friends I can turn to when I need emotional support. However, the vast majority of my friends don't live near me. When I am having a bad day and just need a hug, I know that I can count on Milita for one.
- They inspire me to be a better person. It wasn't until I got Milita that I began to learn how to really love people. Carmine and Milita have taught me how to love someone without necessarily liking their behavior. They've taught me how to let some things go and how to forgive more easily. They continue to teach me important life lessons as time goes on.
What makes your cat a great best friend?