Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Competition for the Most Pet-Friendly Workplace

Nestlé Purina PetCare is currently accepting nominations for the Purina Pets at Work contest.  The company wants to reward the nation's most pet-friendly company.  Nominations are being accepted until January 15, 2013.

Purina will reward the most pet-friendly company in the United States with $5,000 in pet-related materials.  It will also donate $10,000 to a local pet charity.  John O'Hurley will present the winning company with the award.

According to CatChannel, in a study published in the International Journal of Workplace Health Management in March 2012, it was discovered that employees who brought their dogs to work with them experienced more job satisfaction and less stress than those who didn't.  I'd like to add that I've brought my cat to work with me in the past, and I was much more content than on days I didn't bring her to work (I only had Milita at the time).

To nominate your company as the most pet-friendly, you must write an essay describing how pets make a positive difference in the workplace and why your day is better for you when you have your pet at work.  You must also provide three to five photos showing that your workplace is pet-friendly, and describe your company's Pets at Work program.

The winner will be announced sometime in Spring.

You can learn more about the contest by visiting Purina's website.

Sources:

CatChannel: Dog- and Cat-Friendly Companies Competition

Purina: Pets at Work


Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation for posting about this contest.  Nor did Purina ask me to post about their contest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment