Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ideas?

Carmine has been acting out behaviorally ever since Emma passed away. He walks around and cries ("talks") a lot, he bothers Milita more often than he used to by stealing her bed and by antagonizing her until she hisses and/or growls. He will back her into corners and won't let her get out.

Sometimes he also is very insistent about waking me up at night by kneading my face or meowing incessantly.

I have tried to give him extra attention and to lay in my lap more often. I have tried to pet him more than usual.

Sometimes, when he is being really naughty to Milita, I put him in "time out" in the bathroom for a little bit so he calms down.

But none of this seems to be helping and I'm not sure what else to do. I know I'm supposed to be the cat "expert" here, but I've never had a grieving cat before and I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment