Monday, February 20, 2017

Telling Tails Book Review

Telling Tails book cover.

Sarah Grayson owns a secondhand shop in North Harbor, Maine.  Her friend, Rose, is also an employee at the store.  When Rose makes a special delivery for a customer, she arrives just in time to see the customer's dead body being dragged away by his wife.  Rose tries to tell everyone what she saw, but nobody believes her, especially when the customer's wife says he is still alive and well.  She claims he left her and has a text message and an empty bank account to back up her story.  Sarah works with Rose and her other friends to uncover the truth about who murdered the customer.  

My Thoughts: Telling Tails is the fourth book in the Second Chance Cat Mystery series.  I haven't had the chance to read the other books, but after reading this one, I definitely plan to.  I initially had a difficult time understanding the characters and their relationships to one another, but the confusion quickly cleared up as I continued to read.  You can definitely read this book as a stand-alone mystery.

I really enjoyed this book.  I love how protective and caring Sarah is of Rose.  The storyline was great, and I was surprised at the end.  I would definitely recommend this book, and I look forward to reading future books in the series.

FTC Disclosure: I received a copy of "Telling Tails: Second Chance Cat Mystery" by Sofie Ryan for a fair and honest review.  Receiving the book did not influence my opinions.  All opinions expressed on Fur Everywhere are my own.  

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'll read this book, because I like the series (plus her other series, Magical Cats. But this is the fourth book in the series: The Whole Cat & Caboodle, Buy a Whisker, A Whisker of Trouble and now Telling Tails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Eastside Cats! I don't know why I thought this was the second book. I changed it in my post. :)
      This also means there are three books I need to add to my "to read" list. Telling Tails was great, and I want to read the others in the series.

      Delete
  2. Soundss like a grate seriess Lady Sierra! LadyMum LUVSS missteriess!! ;)
    **nose rubsss** Siddhartha Henry xxxx

    ReplyDelete