Thursday, May 7, 2015

Jewel's Journey

Milita has been sleeping on my bed with me lately when I go to sleep.  I really enjoy her company, and having her there makes it easier for me to fall asleep.  She usually sleeps at the bottom of my bed by my feet.  I even put a nice fleece blanket there for her, and she really loves it.

The other day, though, Milita deviated from her usual habit.  Instead of sleeping on the bottom of my bed, she slept on my arm.  Even though I wasn't totally comfortable, I stayed still as to not disturb a happy Lita.  I'm sure you all can relate to that!

Jewel also liked to sleep on her human's arm.  Every time her former owner went to sleep, Jewel would curl up right by him and sleep on his arm.  She'd also lay on his arm if he was laying on the couch watching TV or playing video games.  The love and devotion she had for her former owner was so sweet and heartwarming.

When Jewel came to live here, she usually slept in one of the kitty cubes when it was bedtime.  Occasionally, she'd sleep on the bed with me for a little bit, but she never stayed long.

However, about a week or so before we had to send Jewel to the Rainbow Bridge, I had to go to the dentist.  Seeing as these appointments make me incredibly nervous, my dentist gave me a little sedative to tak beforehand.

So when I got home from the appointment, I was very tired.  I laid down on the couch and saw Jewel walking by.  I thought it would be a long shot, but I wanted to cuddle with her while I had a nap.  So I picked her up and put her on the couch with me.  She immediately laid down on my arm!

I think that is the moment I realized that she completely trusted me; her walls were finally down, and she was accepting my love with an open heart.  I feel quite honored that she laid on my arm.  It was a sign that she considered me to be her human.

How does your cat make you feel special?

21 comments:

  1. Jewel was a special girl. I can't fall asleep without a kitty near me, usually Sammy on my pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Nicky used to sleep ON TW’s legs. He was a big boy at 22 lbs too. I show TW I care by biting her. I do lay on the bed on the pillow next to her but that doesn’t mean anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet. A wonderful memory.

    Waffles loves laying on Gloman and also next to me. He loves to have his paw touching skin. He'll lay on Gloman so that he can touch as much of his legs or arms as possible. And he knows I'm more squirmy so he'll lay right next to me with his paw touching me.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe Angel Tara never slept with me? She always wanted to sleep by herself in the living room. The day I adopted Truffles she started sleeping with me that night and I was absolutely ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! What a sweet post! I am not a cat that likes cuddles, but the last few days I have sought out The Staff and made her sit down so I can nap on her lap ..... for hours!! her legs went numb!! MOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful memory you have to cherish of Jewel. One thing Annabelle does is when I call any of the other cats she comes running and starts dancing the circle 8 between my feet. Keeping the others at bay, she continually keeps bunting me putting HER scent on me claiming me as her own property. I find that touching and amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet!
    We do not have access to the bedrooms...

    Pipo leads pawppy all around the den, eventually demanding a belly rub.
    Minko likes to use my house sandals as his scratching post...nevfur had a kitty that did that! He only does that when I wear them, by the way...pays them no heed if they are not on myr feet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truffle and Brulee are not lap kitties. However, they do like to sleep beside me when I'm sleeping in the bed. Every once in a while, Brulee will actually want to cuddle up underneath my chin and she will rest her furry little paw on my arm. It only last a couple of minutes, but it's so special when she does it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two years ago I slept with three cats, Tommie, Gracie, and Mickey Mouser. The gymnastic movements I made in the middle of the night to get to the bathroom without disturbing my cats... Sadly now I only have Mickey, and he stays at the bottom of the bed for most of the night. How I miss the sweet sound of Tommie's purring by my head!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a beautiful remembrance of Jewel. All of our cats try to lay right up against us. Moosey is the funniest -- he likes to be between Tracey and me, against one of us, with his feet stretched our and touching the other human. Zoe sits on the back sofa cushion with her paws on my shoulder, purring away. And Gracie is so happy with snuggles from either of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lovely memory of Jewel. Flynn likes to sleep on top of me. He starts off with his head against my chin. If I wake in the night, he has turned around and I have got his butt in my face. Eric used to lay on my pillow across the top of my head with his paw on his dad's forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post. My Jazz came to me in spirit form after he crossed the Bridge. He is the only cat of mine that has passed that has done that... I remember feeling him sleeping on my legs, almost as if reassuring me from the afterlife that he would always be a part of me... Purrs from Deb and the Zee and Zoey Gang

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special moment that was! When I was a kitten, I used to sleep by my human's head when she took a nap, but I don't do that much anymore. The exception being when we go out on an adventure together. Usually after that, I want to stick closer to her, because our outings remind me that we're a team.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That had to be such a wonderful moment! Hey Carmine, I take any pill, any size, any old time, don't mind them a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a special memory. Jewel was lucky to have you...and you her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our Harvey Button is my bed buddy - he is a former stray and abandoned cat and to have him snuggle lets me say - you are safe now, you have a home and love now.

    I like being able to say that.

    Harvey's Mum

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hannah always comes to sleep with me during the night - I don't feel her come and lay against me but she is always there when I wake up. Lucy never sleeps with me but if she wakes when it is getting light she lays against my face or on the top of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Savvy now sleeps nice and tight against me and when I move she moves with me now rather than jumping off the bed. And she gives me head bumps...

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sweet. I love laying on humans. I lay on Mommy whenevet I get a chance, and all night long, too. Lexy nevr cuddle .

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet. I love laying on humans. I lay on Mommy whenevet I get a chance, and all night long, too. Lexy nevr cuddle .

    ReplyDelete