Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My Visit to Denver Cat Company

Last week, I visited Denver's first cat cafe, the Denver Cat Company, with a couple of friends.  It was a fantastic experience!

This adorable kitty is Goodyear.  I think he may have found a home since I visited because his profile is no longer up on Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue's website. 


Denver Cat Company features several adoptable cats from their partner shelter, Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue.  In its first month, the cafe was successful in finding 13 kitties forever homes!  I had the opportunity to meet several of the kitties who were at the cafe and really enjoyed spending time with them as I drank my coffee, savored a lemon bar, and chatted with friends.

Goodyear loves to sit in laps, and he really really wanted to try a bite of my lemon bar!


The cafe offers Solar Roast coffee, hot chocolate, and a selection of teas as well as a variety of baked goods they get from Martine's Muffins.  The cafe owner is very personable and cares about her customers and the kitties she's hosting.

Professor Nibbles, whom I featured in yesterday's Opt to Adopt post.


Another thing I really love about Denver Cat Company is that they are a combination free library and used bookstore.  In my opinion, nothing goes together like coffee, cats, and books!

In addition, Denver Cat Company regularly hosts art classes given by their partner, Teller Street Gallery.  I haven't taken a painting class yet, but how cool would it be to have the kitties help you with your painting?

This beautiful kitty enjoyed watching everything from her bed in the window.


I love the cozy atmosphere at the cafe and intend to visit regularly.  If you're in the Denver area, I definitely encourage you to stop in, grab a hot beverage, and spend some time with the wonderful kitties!

You can learn more about Denver's first cat cafe by visiting the Denver Cat Company website.

17 comments:

  1. it sounds like a wonderful place. we wish them lots of luck and wonderful adoptions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It think a cat cafe is such a great idea. I can't wait for the idea to catch on in the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they all get their forever homes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute, Sierra! Did you give him a bite of your lemon bar? You didn't mention if you shared or not. I'm still wondering about the delicious lemon bar. - Crepes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just mentioned three things our mommy LOVES: Cats, books and hot chocolate! Win-Win-WIN! (cats come first though, of course) What FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you just made my human want to take a trip to Denver! Of course, that doesn't take much as she already loves the city. But the Denver Cat Company totally makes it irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky to have a cat café in Denver - plus there are baked goods and books. What a winning combination and a wonderful relaxed way to get some exposure for cats that need good homes : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. guys...hows awesum iz thiz !!! way kewl yur mom getted ta chillax at de cat cafe...total lee way kewl !!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure sounds like an amazing cat cafe, Sierra! Books, cats and coffee? Yup, sounds like a winner to us, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - the cat cafe sounds marvelous!

    Check out my cat blog for archived stories about the abandoned/feral cat colony I manage.
    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowee!
    Such a great idea!
    We need pawlaces like that here too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! Wish there was one around us to help cats who need homes. A win win fur sure!
    Timmy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cat cafe sounds great, and wonderful that they found homes for 13 kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kudos to them on all they have accomplished! I'm with you, "coffee, cats, good books" that's the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an amazing place- my 3 favorites are cats, coffee and books.

    ReplyDelete